I was living a content life: my days were scheduled from sun up to sundown. I loved my job and took a lot of pride in my work as an event planner for heads of state and thought leaders. One day was never like the next as I struggled to take in all NYC had to offer while trying to stay connected to my family. Over time, I found I was canceling dinners with friends to make last minute deadlines. While the gym was my favorite place to relax and center myself, I was going there less and less. I loved my fiancé, family and friends, but never had enough time for them, let alone myself. If you stopped me on the street, I would tell you I was living my dream life, but I wasn’t sleeping well, I was putting on weight, and the final straw – I developed an autoimmune disease.
After ignoring the gentle warning signs my body was giving me (poor sleep, weight gain, skin irritations), my body finally demanded my attention. Even then, it took me a year of living in pain to finally sit down and evaluate what was really happening in my life. Upon reflection, I realized I had lost my authentic self. I struggled to identify what made me truly happy. I had a hard time just sitting and being with my own thoughts. My life was being defined by appointments and conference calls. Was this the legacy I wanted to leave behind?
So I began exploring. I started with yoga. Just one class a week. Very beginner. That inspired me to look into nutrition. I went to a dinner at a holistic center and was shocked to see how happy and healthy everyone looked. That is when I knew it was time to hit restart. I began exploring fitness, anatomy, meditation and mindful eating. The more I studied, the more ways I learned for people to reconnect with their authentic self.
For me, an illness triggered the re-evaluation of my priorities in life. For you, it may be the birth of a child, a promotion at work, a shift in your relationship with a loved one. You have already taken the first step by accessing this page. Now take the next step – let’s sit down for a free consultation where we discuss your values in life, your priorities today, your future goals, and potential roadblocks as you move forward embracing this fresh outlook on life. I am here to support and encourage you as you take control and prioritize yourself. Reach out anytime at Coach@LaurenKranich.com.
- Certified Professional Coach (CPC), International Coach Federation
- Certified Yoga Teacher (RYT-200), Yoga Alliance
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT), National Council of Certified Personal Trainers (NCCPT)
- Weight Management Specialist, NCCPT
- Certified Holistic Health Counselor in Ayurveda Nutrition, Ayurveda's World
- End of Life Doula, International End of Life Doula Association (INELDA)
- Master of Public Administration with a concentration in Health Services, Fairleigh Dickinson University (MPA)
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Political Science, The George Washington University (BA)